- Chaired by Dr. Malika Roman Isler, Assistant Vice President for Inclusive Practice
- In an effort to demonstrate equitable accountability across the institution for all who learn, live, and work at Wake Forest, this group will establish a set of practices and guidelines for institutional accountability, and develop a system for communicating goals and institutional progress related to inclusive practice and policy.
- Related PC-REC Recommendations:
- Data Enhancements and Integration
- Accountability Standards
- Resource Prioritization
Summary of Working Groups and Related Recommendations
With the conclusion of the President’s Commission on Race, Equity, and Community (PC-REC) articulated in the Commission’s Final Report, the time has come to present a path forward that focuses on operationalizing the key recommendations. As with previous presidential commissions, working groups will be used to study key outcomes from the PC-REC Final Report, and layout plans for bringing the recommendations into actionable and attainable goals.
The forthcoming work will be organized into 5 working groups:
- Equitable Accountability Working Group
- Equitable Community Engagement Working Group
- Equity-Focused Academic Engagement Working Group
- Equitable Staff and Faculty Resources Working Group
- Equitable Student Experiences Working Group
Each working group will comprise 7-8 members, with representative voices from students, staff, faculty, and members of the external community. Chairs for each working group are currently organizing group membership, developing guiding principles, and linking their efforts to the RIDE Framework. Lastly, each working group will be sharing updates on fora, data gathering, next steps, and status updates for each of the recommendations on a regular basis through a mechanism we are calling Race, Equity, and Community Status Reports. The work from each group will culminate in a set of reports presented to the community at the end of the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
Below, please find general information about each working group. And please make sure to return to this page regularly for updates on the process.